The mission of the annual RVA Peace Festival is to provide an opportunity for children, youth, and adults of the greater Richmond area to gather in celebration of peace and diversity. It is our hope that this will foster a growing sense of community. Through a variety of experiences including arts & crafts,
games and entertainment, we will:
- offer opportunities to embrace the possibilities of peace
- help the community explore the many facets of peace
- help the community begin to understand other cultures, religions and races through the use of the art, music, devotions, dance, etc.
- create an atmosphere of fun, fellowship, and love
- create a safe environment that welcomes all who are willing
to come and explore expressions of peace
- help to promote self-esteem in the children through age-appropriate activities
- encourage future cooperation and collaboration among the diverse communities of Richmond
This year, our major sponsors are:
St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church / Center for Interfaith Reconciliation
Interfaith Council of Greater Richmond
Richmond Peace Education Center
SunTrust Mortgage, Inc.